Monday, November 20, 2006

Jaysus.

Things that have happened in the past 2+ weeks (jesus fuck!)

Wisdom teeth out: successfully. I ate solid food that night. Jay was unspeakably jealous, as he was a chipmunk for the weekend he got his done a few years ago. I wound up with a bruise on my jaw that looked like someone socked me. It was pretty rockin'. Definitely enjoyed having the week off of work for it, though, especially on Friday night with the vicodins. Quality medication. I literally sat on my couch watching tv with nary a thought in my head. It was so quiet.

I also dropped an unspeakable sum of money on new clothes, because I was freaking out that my new job had a dress code that more or less forbade jeans, sneakers, and t-shirts. Every time I turned around, I was buying new slacks, shirts, sweaters, you name it. I'm doing okay with the wardrobe - especially since my boss said that jeans are fine, just no looking like a completely schmuck with t-shirts and sneakers and holes and shit - and now I need shoes. Shoes are a bit harder, because there are not nearly as many places where I can buy them in person. Dammit.

Left the old job and started the new one last week. That went well; my first two days of work I sat around doing more or less nothing and getting paid a ridiculously large sum of money for it. I know it's rude to talk about money, but it's my blog, so fuck you, and seriously? I am getting paid a ridiculously large sum of money for this job. I'm making more money than my mother. I'm making more money than Jay. I'm making more money than just about all of my friends, except for maybe the one that's working for a huge pharmaceutical company. I can't quite wrap my head around it. I am, however, determined to enjoy it.

I'm also an ass, and forgot not only Hannah's birthday (Happy belated, dear), but also my little sister's. Clearly, I am so fucking awesome there are no words.

And finally, I went to the grocery store tonight to pick up some things, because I'm spending Thanksgiving with Elizabeth's family, and I needed chocolate chips desperately. So while I'm there, I browse, which I always do, which was a particularly bad idea because it was stupid busy and I really hate people. I looked good though, in some of the aforementioned new clothes. I digress. I couldn't find three things I wanted, which pissed me off. Seriously people, tapioca? Come on. But I did wander down the dairy aisle, when what should appear but egg nog.

Now, I love the nog. This is my favorite time of year, and not just because of the snow, okay? And since it's a few days before Thanksgiving, they can be forgiven for getting the nog season started a bit early. So I'm looking at egg nog and thinking, you know, do I really want to buy this? (hell yes) when what should I see but this interesting orange container marked "Pumpkin Egg Nog". I'm thinking to myself, I don't know how I feel about that. But who cares it's only a few bucks, what the hell. If it sucks it sucks.

Oh. my. GAWD. It is liquid pumpkin pie, complete with crust and whipped cream. It is better than sex, and I do not say that lightly. I am clearly going to be THE fattest bitch EVER after this holiday season, because sweet jesus, I am contacting the nurse at work tomorrow and setting up an IV of this stuff. Holy god, it is that good. I am making Jay stop and bring me some when he stops by tonight, because clearly the quart I bought is not even close to enough.

Definitely my new favorite thing, possibly ever.

And in between I have been cranky and bitchy and not really having sex much. I'm on new BC and it made me spot all month which pissed me off. And I had to make some expensive repairs to my car, which irritated me. And I love the fact that I have a new job. It still has that new job smell to it. Delicious.

I won't update over the weekend; I'll be out of state and out of internet access, so Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and I hope it's a wonderful holiday for everyone.

No comments: