Monday, January 08, 2007

Just to be clear, I'm an idiot.

Can you tell I was angry this weekend?

I'm not entirely sure where all of my anger - my anger that was completely out of proportion to anything that was going on this weekend - came from. Part of it, I think, is just good old hormones. I'm due to start my period on Tuesday, and while I love this pill, apparently my body still likes PMS once in a while, the bitch. The other, I'm pretty sure I haven't been eating enough lately.

Hannah just posted about how being hungry makes her angry. And now that I think about it, I think I have in the past - or at least I wrote a draft; who knows if I posted it. But really? Low blood sugar makes me a raving lunatic bitch. Jay has started asking me when the last time I ate was lately, because I am one of those idiotic people that sometimes forgets to eat, subject to rants in comedy routines and hatred from everyone.

Well, maybe it's not so much forget, as realize I should eat, and then get distracted and not get around to it. This is for many reasons - sometimes I am wrapped up in something I can't tear myself away from. Sometimes I can't figure out what to eat, so I don't. Sometimes I have an idea of what I want to eat, but it would require lots of effort to make and I probably don't have the ingredients, so I'd rather not, thanks, 'cause I'm lazy. But yeah. Forget to eat.

I clearly need someone in my life who is in charge of making food appear for me at the proper time. Any volunteers?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that not eating thing could so be me. For just me, I am far too lazy to go into much effort. Or my ADD strikes and I get distracted by a shiny object. Now cooking for someone else I can easily go nuts and make all kinds of shit. Go figure.

~ Hannah said...

It's amazing how many people are adversely affected by hunger.

Personally, I felt much better after I treated myself to some sushi on Sunday afternoon.

french said...

wm: Yeah, when I'm cooking for someone, I go all-out. I love feeding people. Except me. I apparently hate feeding me.

Hannah: mmmm, sushi. *drool*