Friday, September 08, 2006

Moonrise, moonset

Funnily enough, I mind 5:30 in the morning a lot less when I've been awake the entire night before.

I went to sleep bathed in the light of the moon, around midnight. My room was unusually bright. I was highly disconcerted to be getting up at 4:30 in that same light, except that it was via the reflection of the moon off of the windows of the house next door.

It's still eerily bright outside, and I get to walk in it - part of my post yesterday deals with the fact that my car is in the shop and it will cost me lots of money to get it out. Oops. That's what I get for buying a used car, I suppose. So now I get to get up at the same time I would to drive to work for 6, except that I'll be taking the bus, so I'll get there around 7.

Also creepy - the utter silence outside. Well, not complete; I can hear the dull humming roar of the highway about a mile north, but that's it. No insects. No birds awake yet. No tree frogs. No one else awake except for the bus drivers. My dad gets up at 2 in the morning for work every day, and has for years. I have no idea how he does it.

No comments: