Friday, August 20, 2010

Number 7 - Your ex-

Frenzy -

I admit to having some mixed feelings about you.  I admit to indulging in some serious schadenfreude when I found out that you were married and miserable.  I admit that every once in a while, I miss you.

You were the first one to teach me that yes, people found me attractive.  That in and of itself makes our probably-doomed-from-the-start relationship worth it.  You liked me.  You wanted to kiss me.  And no one had ever been in my life like that before.

I didn't quite know what to do with that at the time.

Looking back, I can see the seeds of the person I am today in the person I was then, and know, with no sadness, that we wouldn't have been happy together for any significant length of time.  Our paths are for different destinations, even though we were beside each other for a while.  And having realized that, I can't be mad at you for not being able to give me what I needed.  It's not who you are, and there isn't anything wrong with that.

So, my memories of you are largely fond, and I can only hope you think of me the same way.
And wherever your path leads you, may the walk be good.

~s.

No comments: