Thursday, August 19, 2010

Well fuck me.

I've discovered that there is certain music that I really, really shouldn't listen to at work.

Backing up a moment.  As a coping skill, I frequently have my iPod going at work, with my headphones on.  It provides a layer of isolation from the environment that I really, desperately need right now.  I am so not capable of dealing with hearing people's conversations and being aware of when people are walking past and etc. and so on.  So it helps keep my stress level down, as well as helps me concentrate on work.

Problem is, there are certain songs that really, really get me thinking about things I probably shouldn't at work.  See, I'm a dancer, and dancing?  Dancing is just socially acceptable public foreplay.  Really good dancing is dirty.  And I can do hell of dirty dancing.

So, there's a lot of music I have specifically because it's very danceable, and lately, when I hear certain of the songs, good goddamn, my brain is treating me to all sorts of very, very dirty dancing scenarios, usually either with Hal or Jay.  And it frequently evolves from dancing - again, see also foreplay - to very explicitly sexual situations.

Apparently my brain thinks I need to make use of a very specific chair in my house.  For sexual purposes.

And apparently my brain thinks that I'm not having enough sex (actually, I agree with it on that).

You know, which is all well and good, except for the whole part where one, I don't have an office with a door, and two, I'm supposed to be, you know, working.  One of these days I'm going to have the wrong look on my face when the wrong fucking person walks by and that is just going to be a bad scene, y'all.

No comments: