Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Monsters

With working all weekend, the start of the official week being as lousy as it was, and things as they are with Jay, I've been in some very strange headspace lately. It's not quite melancholy, but it's certainly living in the same neighborhood, although there is some introspection, heartache, and yearning in there as well.

I'm unsettled, and I'm not quite sure why. My parents still love me, Jay is stupid for me, I won't be losing my job any time soon (although I do desperately want to quit), I have enough money, my house is relatively clean... all the sorts of things that usually upset me or make me anxious are in their assigned places.

One thing is for sure, I need to stop listening to "Cities in Dust" by Siouxsie and the Banshees, because while it is a wonderful song and it was great to hear it on the radio again this past weekend, even I am getting sick of it.

Not that Matchbook Romance is really all that much better.

Bah. I can't even blog right. Suffice it to say that overall, Jay and I had a lovely weekend, and one of these days, I'll get around to telling about the new toys. I think I am going to go curl up and read somewhere, and maybe find something to eat, because eating makes things better, right?

1 comment:

~ Hannah said...

I've been where you are...frequently. *hugs*