Saturday, July 08, 2006

Small and getting smaller

I was out with my kids at a bookstore tonight, just to get them out of the house. And to make reading look good to them. They don't do enough of it, I think.

I was trying to herd one of them towards the checkout line, and he kept getting distracted. He wandered over to a "Summer Reading!" table, and picked up Belle de Jour's book - which I hadn't realized had actually come out.

He squealed and picked it up, and I was all like "Uh, no, you shouldn't bring that one back." And he gabbers on, saying "Oh, I know who this is!"

"No, you don't."

"Yeah! She had a movie, it was like 'Call Me' or something..."

"No, she didn't. She had a blog."

"No no no, she was in a movie..."

"No. She wasn't."

He then commenced into the checkout line, to buy fucking Paris Hilton's book (perhaps I should have let him get Belle's). Then I hear this:

"What's a blog?"

NEVER MIND.

No comments: